I have something to admit.
I don’t particularly love Thanksgiving food. I mean, it’s alright, but if you ask me, there’s a reason why people only prepare it once a year. Don’t get me wrong, pumpkin spice is nice, but a girl can only have so much!
Tacos, on the other hand, I will never get tired of. In honor of stuffing and cranberry sauce being retired until next Thanksgiving, we decided to celebrate with these fried avocado tacos!
With all the sage and rosemary seasoned dishes I’ve been eating these past few weeks, my taste buds were begging for a different flavor profile and these fried avocado tacos hit the right spot!
Our vegan tacos are fried to a perfect golden crisp, paired with a jalapeno slaw and topped with our delicious cilantro-lime crema.
We used the extra small ‘street taco’ tortillas so these tacos are perfect for appetizers during game day or for any holiday party you’re attending!
Trust us, if you bring these little bad boys to your next company party, all your coworkers will have “Fried Avocado Tacos” on their Christmas lists!
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss an of our delicious recipes and please feel free to leave a comment. We would love any feedback!
Til next time, guys!
- 1 package tri-colored coleslaw mixture
- 1 jalapeno, diced (if you are sensitive to spice, you can omit the jalapeno or de-seed it before adding to the slaw)
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 TBS hot sauce (I use Tapatio)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 loosely packed cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 TBS white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 2-3 TBS warm water
- 3/4 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 tso cayenne pepper
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- 3-4 large avocados, sliced in about 1"-2" wedges
- Pack of small 'street style' corn tortillas
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup tempura batter
- 3/4 cup ice cold water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, mix together vinegar, mayonnaise, hot sauce, lime juice, sugar and cilantro
- Slowly mix in coleslaw or cabbage mixture and stir thoroughly to combine, set aside
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until creamy in texture
- Set aside
- Heat oil in a shallow frying pan on medium heat
- In a bowl, combine ice cold water, red pepper flakes and tempura batter and mix until you reach a pancake-like consistency. Set Aside.
- In a separate boel, add panko bread crumbs and season with about a teaspoon of salt
- Dip avocado slices in tempura batter, shaking off excessive liquid
- Then dip in pank bread crumbs and set aside
- Once all avocado slices are coated, fry on medium to medium-high heat for about 8-10 minutes, turning halfway through
- Heat tortillas in the microwave or on your stovetop
- Assemble tacos with slaw and crema