Happy first day of Autumn, friends!
Call me a basic bitch all you want, but I am so ready for pumpkin and apple spice everything.
As if this day couldn’t get any better, Ashlee and I are also celebrating our one year anniversary of going vegan!!! To commemorate, we made these mini vegan caramel apple crisps. Because we’re so nice, we decided to share the recipe with you all.
When I think of fall, all of the happy memories come to mind. Leaves changing color, sweaters, boots, football, sitting by the fire
and apple crisps topped with vanilla ice cream.
There’s definitely something magical about a hot dessert topped with creamy, cold ice cream.
If this sounds appealing to you in the slightest, then these mini vegan caramel apple crisps are just the dessert for you!
These mini vegan caramel apple crisps are perfect for all the fall festivities that are right around the corner! They’re super easy to make and require just a few ingredients. Ashlee and I made a simple caramel sauce to drizzle over the top and for some added crunch, we also added some crushed walnuts.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can modify it however you’d like. Go crazy with the toppings or keep it simple for a more traditional take on an apple crisp. The possibilities are endless!
We hope you love these mini vegan caramel apple crisps as much as we do! If you make it, take a picture and tag us on Instagram at Eat_Figs_Not_Pigs. Til next time, guys!!!
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cored (I used one Gala and one Granny Smith)
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBS Sugar in the Raw
- 1 TBS caramel sauce (recipe below)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3 TBS Sugar in the Raw
- 3 TBS light brown sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 TBS maple syrup
- 8 TBS cold vegan butter, cubed
- Coconut vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Crushed walnuts (optional)
- 8 TBS vegan butter
- 6 TBS light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel, core, and cute the apples into small wedges, about 1" thick.
- Combine the apples with lemon juice, sugar, caramel, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Mix ingredients in a small sauce pan
- On medium heat, whisk until sauce becomes thick, about 7-10 minutes
- Set aside
- Reheat on low if needed
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- With an electric mixer or whisk, mix all the ingredients until the mixture becomes crumbly and the clumps resemble the size of peas
- Place the seasoned apple slices in personal baking dishes
- Top with crumb mixture
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the top is golden brown
- Top with coconut vanilla ice cream, drizzle with caramel and add walnuts