I don’t know about you guys, but I am having some serious post Christmas blues. If you’re in the same boat, just make a batch of our vegan Thai coconut curry soup and you’ll feel better in no time.
I actually made this vegan Thai coconut curry soup the week before Christmas, but the site had some serious technical difficulties. I lost some recipes and a few photos from this recipe, but we’re back in action and just in time for the New Year!
Speaking of New Year’s, What are your plans? Ashlee and I fly to Portland first thing tomorrow morning and I absolutely CANNOT WAIT! I hear it’s heaven for vegans. Plus, this is the first year Ashlee and I will be spending NYE together, so the excitement is too real. We have a ton of restaurants, bars and other places we can’t wait to try, but if you have any suggestions, please leave them in the comments! It’ll be our first time visiting, so any and all recommendations are welcome.
Ok, back to curry.
This vegan Thai coconut curry soup is packed with flavor and super simple to make. I got the inspiration to make this dish because the lovely people at Tofuna Fysh gifted us a couple bottles of vegan fish sauce. It’s so delicious and we cannot wait to make so many more recipes with it!
This dish is perfect for those days you need to get rid of all your produce. Any vegetables of your liking would go great in this soup and you can even serve it with noodles or over rice.
We hope you guys love this vegan Thai coconut curry soup as much as we do. If you try it, take a photo and tag us on Instagram at @Eat_Figs_Not_Pigs. We hope you all have a wonderful New Year’s Eve.
Til next time, guys!!!
- 2 TBS vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 TBS fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1- 4 ounce can red curry paste
- 6 cups water
- 1 TBS vegan fish sauce
- 3 'Not Chicken' bouillon cubes
- 1 TBS red pepper flakes
- Assorted vegetables
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- Baby bok choy, grilled
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 can baby corn, drained
- Green onion, for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
- In a large pot on medium high, heat oil
- Add onions, garlic and red curry paste
- Fry until onions become translucent, about 8-10 minutes
- Add water, coconut milk, and Not Chikn bouillon cubes
- Bring to a boil and simmer on medium low for about 15-20 minutes
- Add vegetables of your choice and cook an additional 10-15 minutes
- Serve alone or over rice or noodles
- Garnish with cilantro and green onion (optional)