You guys, it’s my favorite time of the year!
The leaves start changing colors, the sun goes down earlier, all of the comfy clothes…and AMERICAN FOOTBALL!!!
If you know me and Ashlee, then you know we love nothing more than hanging with our closest friends, cooking, drinking, and watching football on good ol’ Sunday Funday. But to be honest, all of the politics surrounding the NFL make it pretty lame this year. Not to mention, the Bengals aren’t having the greatest start to their season, so I’ve been finding myself in the kitchen more than actually watching the games.
COPY CODE SNIPPET
A couple weeks ago, I was flipping through an old Rachael Ray Every Day Magazine, and I came across this delicious appetizer, “Loaded Queso Fundido”. It looked so appetizing, I knew I had to veganize it!
The great thing about this vegan queso fundido recipe is that it’s simple and quick!!! Plus, it’s so yummy that all of your friends, vegan and non-vegan, will fuckin LOVE it!!!
Seriously guys, almost anything you love to eat can be veganized!!! Try it! We promise, you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
We hope you guys love this recipe for vegan queso fundido as much as we do! If you try making it, make sure to tag us and Rachael Ray! We love seeing all of your recreations of our recipes (or in this case, Rachael Ray’s recipe).
Hopefully your NFL team is doing better than ours! Until next time, friends!!!
- 1 pound pepper jack, shredded
- 1 pound American cheese, shredded
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, minced, plus 1 tbsp. sauce
- Toppings: crumbled cooked fresh chorizo, sliced scallions, diced tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, sliced radishes, fresh cilantro leaves
- Tortilla chips, for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix the cheeses, minced chipotle and adobo sauce
- Transfer to a medium cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, spreading in an even layer
- Bake until the cheese melts, bubbles and browns in spots, 15 to 20 minutes
- Garnish with toppings
- Serve with the chips
2. We used about 8 ounces of vegan chorizo, or soyrizo
3. The brand of vegan cheese we used was Daiya, but you can use any brand you prefer! You can also make your own vegan cheese sauce. There are a ton of delicious recipes online!