Happy Friday, friends!
If you guys are anything like Ashlee and myself, then I’m sure this weekend’s festivities will leave your head’s pounding and your stomach’s quibbling. Luckily for you, we have the perfect hangover recipe to get your asses back in rally mode.
Because we all know there’s no better hangover cure than greasy, fried food. Plus, our vegan chilaquiles is the ultimate breakfast and brunch meal. Serve this up, and you’ll literally have people eating outta the palm of your hand!
We hope you guys love our vegan chilaquiles as much as we do!
Remember, if you make our version of vegan chilaquiles, make sure to snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @Eat_Figs_Not_Pigs. Be sure to make your profile public if you want us to see your recreation! Til next time, guys!!!
- 2 cups canola oil, for frying
- 8 corn tortillas, cut into quarters or sixths
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 6 ounces soy chorizo
- 3 cups loosely packed kale, chopped
- ¾ cup red onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Chili Powder
- ½ cup golden cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- Sliced avocado
- Shredded vegan cheese, such as Daiya
- Yellow onion, sliced
- Place oven broiler on high
- Crumble tofu with hands or with a fork, set aside
- In a frying pan on medium high heat, add oil
- Once oil is hot, fry tortillas on medium high for about 5-6 minutes, until crispy and golden.
- Place tortilla chips on a paper towel lined plate. Season with salt and chili powder. Set aside
- In an oven safe skillet on medium high heat, add ½ a teaspoon of the oil used to make tortilla chips
- Once the oil is hot, add soyrizo and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add red onion and jalapeno. Saute for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add kale and saute another 4-5 minutes.
- Once kale is a bit wilted, add crumbled tofu, curry powder, cumin, and cayenne. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on medium high for an additional 5-6 minutes, until tofu is cooked through.
- Toss in tortilla chips and mix to combine all the ingredients.
- Garnish with about ½ cup vegan shredded cheese and place in oven to broil for about 2-3 minutes. Garnish with additional toppings. Serve hot and enjoy!