Is it just me, or is Pinterest the cause for many sleepless nights for you too?!
I don’t know about you guys, but I always find the most inconvenient times to open my Pinterest app (i.e. right before I’m about to go to bed).
A few weeks ago, I came across a recipe for Cheeseburger Tots by the girls of Home. Made. Interest. I love cheeseburgers and I love tots, so I knew I had to veganize this recipe immediately!
By now, you guys know that Ashlee and I are always searching for yummy Game Day snacks and these vegan cheeseburger tater tot bites are definitely a winner (even though the Bengals are not).
My favorite thing about these Cheeseburger tot bites are that they require just a few ingredients are fairly quick to make. They’re also gluten free, so all your friends can enjoy them!
We hope you guys love our recipe for these vegan and gluten free cheeseburger tater tots bites inspired by Home Made Interest! If you make them, make sure to snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @Eat_Figs_Not_Pigs!!! Til next time friends!!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 TBS sweet pickle relish
- 1 TBS dill pickle juice
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 48 frozen tater tots
- 1 cup TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 1 cup water
- 1 Not Beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup vegan cheese shreds of your choice (we used Follow Your Heart brand)
- 1 TBS olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Red Onion
- Whisk all the ingredients together. Set aside.
- Grease a cupcake pan and place 3-4 tater tots in each cup. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While tots are baking, rehydrate the TVP. In a small saucepan, add bouillon cube with one cup water and bring to a boil. Mix boiling water with dry TVP and set aside for 5-10 minutes to rehydrate.
- Once rehydrated, cook TVP in a medium skillet on medium-high with olive oil until heated through, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- After 10 minutes in the oven, remove cupcake pan. Using a pestle or rounded tool, press the tater tots down in the center, forming a tater tot "cup".
- Fill each cup with about a tablespoons of TVP mixture and top with vegan cheese. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove cupcake pan from the oven and allow tater tot cups to cool for about 5-10 minuted before removing them.
- Garnish with burger sauce, tomatoes, pickles, and red onions.