If everyday were Taco Tuesday, I’d die one of the happiest people in the world. I will never say no to a warm tortilla stuffed with deliciousness and topped with even more deliciousness.
Tacos are fucking amazing.
Especially vegan breakfast tacos. Extra especially if they’re vegan breakfast tacos for dinner.
I mean, who the hell doesn’t like breakfast for dinner?!
As most of you know, I’ve been following the “Raw Til 4” diet for the past few months. Since starting the diet, I’ve definitely seen results, I feel rejuvenated every day and I’m eating plenty of fruits and vegetables…but there’s one downside.
I miss breakfast. Particularly unhealthy, cooked, NOT raw breakfast.
So last night, Ashlee and I smoked a bowl and did exactly just that…we had breakfast for dinner.
These vegan breakfast tacos are really simple to make and require less than thirty minutes.
Did I mention they’re fucking delicious?!
We filled our vegan breakfast tacos with crispy breakfast potatoes, soy chorizo and spicy tofu scramble. If you’re not vegan, don’t be intimated by tofu scramble. It sounds pretty unappealing, but it’s exactly the opposite. Mixed with soy chorizo and some seasonings, it’s absolutely divine. Just ask my sister, she probably ate about 20 tacos when she visited this past weekend. She loved them so much, she called me when she got back to San Jose just to tell me she bought more tofu and soy chorizo to make another batch of vegan breakfast tacos for herself.
I’m telling you, a way to a girl’s heart is through tacos!
If you love this recipe as much as we do, make sure to leave comments or feedback and subscribe! Let us know what toppings and fillings you like for your vegan breakfast tacos.
Til next time, guys!!!
- 12 oz extra firm tofu
- 12 oz soy chorizo
- 2 cups potatoes, diced into small cubes (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 1 Jalapeno, deseeded and diced
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 2 TBS organic canola oil, for frying potatoes
- Taqueria style corn tortillas
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Fresh avocado or guacamole
- White onion, chopped
- Lemon or lime
- Drain tofu and wrap with paper towels. Top with a heavy pan to drain more liquid, about 10-15 minutes.
- While tofu is draining, to a pan on medium high heat, add oil and diced potatoes, cook until crispy on one side, about 6-7 minutes
- Flip and cook until crispy on the other side. Remove from heat and transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Reserve pan
- In a bowl, crumble drained tofu with hands and season with salt, pepper, cumin, and cayenne
- In the same pan you cooked the potatoes in, add seasoned tofu on medium high heat, cook about 5-10 minutes
- Add onion, garlic, jalapeno and soy chorizo. Cook another 7-8 minutes
- Heat tortillas
- Assemble tacos with potatoes, soy chorizo & tofu scramble mixture
- Garnish with toppings