When I think of summers in the Central Valley, a few things always come to mind…
- Baseball Games at Chuckchansi Park (Go Fresno Grizlzies!!!)
- Cold Brews at Tioga
- Pasta Salad
If you ask me, it’s not a proper summer if all three above named items don’t make a debut at least once.
I love pasta salad for several reasons.
You can throw whatever ingredients you’d like in it, it’s generally pretty affordable to make, it can feed a lot of people (great for potlucks and backyard BBQs), and it’s PASTA. In our household, anything pasta is life, okay?!
I’ve made this dish several times before, and since it’s such a crowd pleaser, I was shocked to learn that the recipe for our pretty famous vegan pasta salad wasn’t on the blog yet!
To make this dish enjoyable for everyone, we decided to use Go Go Quinoa’s gluten free Super Grains Pasta. We have been loving all their gluten free and vegan products! You can check their store locator to see if they sell any of their delicious products near you, or you can search their online store and have their delicious goods delivered straight to your door! We promise, you will not be disappointed. Hashtag, #NotSponsored.
Our vegan and gluten free pasta salad takes very little time to prepare and, as we mentioned earlier, is a real favorite among kids, adults, omnivores, and vegans alike!
We hope you all love our vegan and gluten free pasta salad as much as we do! If you try it, we’d love to see you recreations, so make sure to snap a photo and share it on Instagram! Tag us at @Eat_Figs_Not_Pigs. You can also use the hashtag #EatFigsNotPigs. Unfortunately, if you’re profile is private, there’s no way we will be able to see your tags or hashtags and share your recreations with our followers.
Til next time, friends!
- 1 - 14 ounce package of gluten free pasta (we used Go Go Quinoa super grains fusilli pasta)
- 1 cup red onion onion, minced
- 1 cup spicy dill pickles, diced
- 3 small celery stalks, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 - 2.25 ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1/4 green onion
- 1 1/2 cups vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice from jar of spicy pickles
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in a pot of salted water according to package directions. Drain, rince with cold water, and set aside
- In a bowl, mix together vegan mayo, vinegar, mustard, pickle juice, sugar, and salt & pepper. If mixture seems too thick, add a bit more pickle juice until you reach your desired consistency (I like mine to be just thick enough to pour, not too runny). Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside
- Place pasta in a large bowl and mix with half the dressing, stirring to combine. Add onions, pickles, bell pepper, celery, cucumber, and olives. Toss gently to combine all the ingredients
- Pour in the other half of the dressing and toss gently once more
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving