I know, I know…cauliflower wings have been “a thing” for quite some time now, but I’m barely jumping on the bandwagon.
To be honest, I was always skeptical of the idea of cauliflower mimicking a wing, but Ashlee made some delicious cauliflower wings a few weeks ago and my uncertainty of this popular vegan food trend immediately went away.
Now I know it’s the new year and you’re all promising to eat healthier, but I just couldn’t help myself. These sweet chili habanero glazed cauliflower wings are the best thing that’s happened to 2017 so far.
You’ll start with a coating of flour and cornstarch and then batter the cauliflower wings in a spicy tempura batter.
Once they are coated, they’re deep fried to a golden crisp and then tossed in the sweet chili habenero glaze.
You drooling yet? Because I am.
If you’re hosting a Superbowl party or attending one this year and don’t want to show up empty handed, these sweet chili habanero glazed cauliflower wings are the perfect party treat!
Theyre’re easy to make, require just a few ingredients and can be fried or baked (for all you health nuts out there).
If you try our sweet chili habanero glazed cauliflower wings, make sure to snap a photo, share it on Instagram and tag us at @Eat_Figs_Not_Pigs. We hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Til next time, guys!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
- OIl for frying
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened, unflavored almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup tempura batter
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 1 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 3/4 cup sriracha, divided
- 2 tsp vegan fish sauce (optional)
- 1 habanero pepper, seeds removed and minced finely
- Green onion
- Sesame Seeds
- In a small sauce pan on medium-low heat, combine sweet chili sauce, habanero, 1/2 cup sriracha and vegan fish sauce.
- Stirring occasionally, keep sauce on a low simmer while you are making the cauliflower wings
- In one bowl, add the flour and cornstarch and mix thoroughly
- In another bowl, add almond milk
- In a third bowl, add tempura batter, the remaining sriracha and ice cold water
- Mix the tempura batter until it becomes a thick mixture, but thin enough to dip cauliflower pieces into
- Dip each wing into almond milk, then flour mixture, then batter with tempura batter
- Fry Cauliflower wings on medium-high heat until golden brown, about 7-8 minutes
- Once all the wings are fried, toss them with sweet chili habanero glaze in a large pan
- Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds