I love Mexican food. I also love burgers. The other night I was craving both, so I figured why not combine the two? If you’ve been following me for quite some time now, then you probably already know I have a thing for combining different dishes…I love fusion cuisine! Examples A, B, and C.
As I was saying, the other night I was craving Mexican food and burgers. It just so happens that Go Go Quinoa sent us a huge package with a bunch of gluten free goodies. Among all the delicious food they sent, there was a package of Quinoa Burger Mix that looked exceptionally yummy! I immediately became inspired to make Southwest Style burgers!
The patties for our Southwest Style Burgers are super easy to prepare! All you have to do is add water, form the patties and pan fry for a few minutes on each side. I added a few extra seasonings to give the mix that extra kick. I also added some vegan cheese into the mixture because you can’t have a burger without cheese, DUH.
We hope you guys love our recipe for our gluten free and vegan Southwest Style Burgers! If you’re hoping to find more gluten free AND vegan recipes on our blog, make sure to subscribe because starting in September, Ashlee and I are participating in a 30-Day Gluten Free Challenge. If you have any recipe requests, please shoot me a message on Instagram at @Eat_Figs_Not_Pigs.
As always, if you are inspired to make your own version of our Southwest Style burgers, make sure to snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @Eat_Figs_Not_Pigs and/or Facebook at Eat Figs, Not Pigs. Make sure to use the hashtag #EatFigsNotPigs as well!!! Til next time, guys!
- 4 TBS vegan mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 TBS adobo sauce (from the same can as the chipotles were in)
- 1 package Go Go Quinoa Burger Mix
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup salsa of choice (we used Fire Roasted Chipotle)
- 1 cup vegan Pepperjack shreds
- 1 tsp of each seasoning: chili powder, pink Himalayan sea salt, ground cumin, ground oregano
- Gluten free buns
- Roasted green chili chili peppers
- Red onion
- Mix all the ingredients together and set aside
- Add dry burger mix to a bowl along with water, seasonings, vegan cheese, and salsa. Mix thoroughly to combine. If mixture seems to dry, add a bit more water, starting one tablespoon at a time. Let the burger mixture sit for 5 minutes before forming patties.
- Form patties and cook on a non-stick skillet on medium heat for about 8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve burgers with recommended garnishes and chipotle mayonnaise.