Ashlee and I went out of town the weekend before last to visit my sisters. My sister, Abbie, made an oat and peanut butter shake for breakfast one morning while we were in town. Ashlee tried it and fell in love. She’s somewhat of a peanut butter fanatic, so she couldn’t wait to get the recipe and start making the shakes herself.
Around the time we went out of town to see my sisters, we also jumped on the “Raw Til’ 4” bandwagon and we haven’t fallen off yet. As a matter of fact, we love eating raw until 4 PM. We have more energy, my skin looks flawless and we just feel cleaner and lighter. The only negative comment I’d have to say about eating raw until 4 is that I feel limited in my creativity, but I’m liking the challenge of coming up with new raw recipes.
Using my sister’s shake as an inspiration, I came up with these raw almond butter overnight oats. I’m not one who usually loves oatmeal, but these overnight oats are sooo good. Not to mention, they’re gluten free, vegan, raw and super-duper healthy.
These oats are extremely simple to prepare and require just six ingredients. They’re perfect for those mornings when you’re running a little behind…you can just grab and go without the compromise of eating unhealthy!
If you’re also on the “Raw Til’ 4” diet, then this recipe is especially perfect for you! We made our own almond milk using this recipe by Emma Christensen. If you just want something super delicious and healthy, you can make this recipe even easier buy using store-bought almond milk. We hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Til next, guys!!!
- 1 cup rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 cup raw, homemade almond milk
- 2 TBS raw almond butter
- 2 TBS raw cacao nibs, 1 tsp reserved for garnish
- 1 TBS raw agave
- Sliced Bananas
- In a mason jar or air tight container add almond milk, almond butter, cacao nibs and agave
- Stir until throughly mixed
- Add oats and stir again, making sure all of the oatmeal is submerged in almond milk
- Cover securely and place in refrigerator overnight or up to 8 hours
- When ready to eat, open and top with one teaspoon raw cacao nibs and sliced banana pieces
- Overnight oats are good for up to 2 days, but are best when eaten withing24 hours.
*We buy our raw almond butter from Sprouts and the brand is MaraNatha. If you aren't following a raw diet, you can buy any store-bought almond butter.
*You can substitute peanut butter or any nut butter.
*You can use any toppings you'd like such as strawberries or raw granola.