Ok, first thing’s first. I apologize I didn’t post a recipe last week, but Ashlee and I have busy little bees lately! If you follow us on Instagram, then you probably saw we hosted our very first Pop Up Eats a couple weeks ago! It was seriously amazing! Crazy busy – since we did back to back days – but still AMAZING. We live in a town that doesn’t offer many vegan options when eating out, so we were extremely happy and honored to have sold out both days! Spreading the word on vegan cooking and a vegan lifestyle is my absolute passion. For everyone who bought tickets, THANK YOU! We cannot wait to host our next Pop Up Eats in a few weeks! If you guys wanna see a page on this site dedicated solely to all of our pop ups, let me know! I’d love to share with you!
Aside from our Pop Up Eats, I’ve also been developing recipes like a madman for Greg over at veganlifecoach.com. The recipes I’ve developed for Vegan Life Coach are exclusive to that website only, so make sure to check em out! You can also follow Greg on Instagram at @veganlifecoachdotcom.
Alright, now for the good stuff – FOOD! A few days ago, I asked you guys on Instagram what recipe ya’ll wanted to see next on the blog. The most requested? Cauliflower wings.
Since cauliflower wing recipes are literally everywhere on the internet, I decided to step it up a notch for you guys. I mean, who doesn’t fucking love tacos, anyway, right?!
Friends, I introduce to you…(drum roll, please)
CAULIFLOWER BUFFALO AND RANCH TACOS!!!
If you just wanted regular cauliflower wings, you can totally do that, too! Although we highly recommend making these tacos! They’re sooo good!
We started with fried cauliflower, tossed them in buffalo sauce, then drizzled them with a simple and quick vegan ranch. Oh yeah, and we added a celery slaw with our cauliflower buffalo and ranch tacos, because you can’t have wings without a side of celery!
We hope you all love our recipe for cauliflower buffalo & ranch tacos with celery slaw as much as we do! If you try making this dish, please take a photo and tag us on Instagram at @Eat_Figs_Not_Pigs, and make sure to also hashtag #EatFigsNotPigs. We love seeing your recreations of our recipes! Til next, friends!!! XOXO!!!
- 3/4 cup celery, cut into very thin slices
- 1/2 cup cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup red onions, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise, such as Hampton Creek
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream, such as Tofutti
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk, original and unsweetened
- 1 tsp fresh dill, minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- Pink Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 cups favorite hot sauce (we used Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce)
- Chives, for garnishing
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Cover and set aside.
- Pulse all the ingredients, except salt and pepper, in a blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside.
- Set up your dredging station. In one bowl, mix together the flour and water until it reaches a pancake-like batter consistency. In another bowl, add panko bread crumbs.
- Dip cauliflower pieces first in the flour-water batter, tapping excess batter off the cauliflower pieces, then coat with panko bread crumbs. Repeat this process until each piece is coated.
- On medium high heat, fry cauliflower until golden and crispy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to cool for about 5 minutes. Toss fried cauliflower pieces in hot sauce and begin building your tacos.
- Add about 1-2 tablespoons of slaw, 2-3 pieces of buffalo cauliflower, then drizzle with ranch. Garnish with minced chives. ENJOY!!!