If you know me – even if it’s only through your computer screen – then you know I love to drink.
The fact that I like to knock a few back every now and again comes as no surprise to most, so when Ashlee brought it to my attention that we don’t even have one cocktail recipe on the blog, I nearly slapped myself silly!!! (or if Phil were here, she’d slap me silly. literally. we literally slap the sense into each other.)
In all fairness, I’m not much of a cocktail girl, per se. My go-to drink is usually vodka and soda water, but every now and again when I’m feeling adventurous, I’ll have Ashlee whip up something out of my comfort zone.
I guess I was feeling real adventurous last week, because whiskey is way out of my comfort zone! I’m a vodka and beer girl through and through.
I must admit, though…
After trying these Blackberry & Cherry Lemonade Whiskey Smash drinks, I may have been converted to a whiskey girl, too.
The recipe is fairly simple, requiring only a few ingredients and less than 20 minutes of your time!
If you ask me, these are best kinds of recipes…and the fact that liquor is involved is definitely a plus!Ashlee’s Blackberry & Cherry Whiskey smash cocktails are so refreshing, and just perfect for these hot summer days in the Central Valley.
I love these drinks because you can always switch the fruit out for whatever’s in season…so yummy, and such a great way to keep them fresh!!!
We hope you all love the recipe for these Blackberry & Cherry Whiskey Smash’s as much as we do! If you happen to make them, make sure to take a photo and tag us on Instagram at @Eat_Figs_Not_Pigs. We absolutely love to see all of your recreations of our recipes! Til next time, guys!
- 1/4 cup fresh cherries, seeds removed and gently muddled
- 1/4 fresh blackberries, gently muddled
- 1/2 cup white sugar (vegan)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 oz fresh squeezed lemon (or store bought lemonade)
- 1 oz Berry Simple Syrup
- 2 oz Whiskey (we used Maker's Mark)
- 4-5 mint leaves
- A couple of cherries and blackberries, seeds removed from cherries
- A dash of cherry bitters, optional
- Mint leaf, optional
- Lemon Twist, optional
- In a small saucepan on medium-low heat, whisk together cherries, blackberries, water, and sugar.
- Whisk until all the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and bring to a slight boil, stirring often, until mixture becomes thicker and resembles a syrup consistency, about 15 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In a shaker, gently muddle cherries and blackberries with lemon juice or lemonade
- Add remaining ingredients and fill the shaker with ice
- Shake gently and strain liquid into a rocks glass filled with ice
- Garnish with mint leaf
If you don't want to make your own syrup, you can buy simple syrup or just muddle a sugar cube into the cocktail.